Akai LPD8 Wireless MIDI Controller
The Akai LPD8 Wireless MIDI Controller is a compact and portable pad controller with wireless Bluetooth connectivity. The LPD8 Wireless is perfect for the digital musician on the move and will fit easily into a laptop case, backpack or messenger bag for extreme portability.
Production In Your Pocket
Experience the power to produce whenever inspiration strikes with Akai Professional's LPD8 Wireless. Measuring under 13" and weighing in at 1lbs, LPD8 Wireless fuses core beat-production functionality with an ultra portable footprint that easily fits into a laptop case, backpack or messenger bag. With a bullet-proof Bluetooth ready specification that covers a 30 meter range coupled with on-board power via 3 AA Batteries, LPD8 empowers mobile producers and performers with the unrestricted freedom to create, underpinned by a travel-friendly, satisfying production experience suitable for iOS, Mac OS X (Bluetooth LE4 & USB) and Windows (USB) based creation alike. Welcome to production anywhere.
Premium Tools, Professional Performance
Akai Professional's legacy as the leading manufacturer in premium beat production solutions is second-to-none. At the heart of LPD8 Wireless are 2 banks of 8 backlit MPC-Style pads, perfect for triggering one-shots, loops, melodics, basslines and more - plus, with a velocity-sensitive specification, LPD8 Wireless' pads guarantee to faithfully capture every subtlety and nuance of your performance. Experience total control. Add dynamism and flair to your performance. Whatever your needs, in demand core-control is immediately available at your fingertips courtesy of LPD8 Wireless' MPC mainstays including Full-Level, customizable Note-Repeat, Tap-Tempo and 8 Q-Link style controls.
Akai Professional understand your production and creative process is unique. With LPD8 Wireless, 4 onboard programmable memory banks are available for instant recall of personalized controller configurations - manage pad assignments (MIDI note numbers, CC numbers, program change numbers and trigger behavior), knob assignments (MIDI CC numbers and range) and all configurable Note Repeat settings for a controller experience that is specifically tailored to your production and performance needs. Plus, store and manage all your programs using the LPD8 Wireless editor software for Mac and PC (download) for a production platform that readily adapts to whatever the situation demands.
Seamless, Effortless Setup
Whether you're an iOS producer or a computer-based DAW user, LPD8 Wireless' class compliant specification guarantees seamless, effortless integration into your production setting without the added nuisance of installing drivers. No batteries, no problem! LPD8 Wireless connects to your PC or Mac via USB for a traditional control-based production experience. Loose the wires without losing control - LPD8 Wireless' seamless, ultra-stable Bluetooth LE4 connection (iOS and Mac OS X Only) with intuitive pairing empowers users with an unrestricted production experience, freeing you to sit back, relax and focus on what's important - your production!
- MIDI over Bluetooth to iOS and Mac OS X (Bluetooth LE4); MIDI over USB to Mac OS X and Windows
- Works with virtually any music software or DAW - perfect for controlling soft-synths, samplers, virtual drum
machines, DAW controls, virtual effect controls and more
- 2 banks of 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads to send note or program changes - ideal for triggering
samples, playing virtual synthesizers or controlling DAW switch and button based parameters
- 8 assignable knobs for controlling virtually any parameter with a DAW, virtual instrument and virtual effect
- 4 programmable memory banks for instant recall of personal control preferences
- Editing software for Mac and PC included for defining and recalling internally stored programs
- USB- or battery-powered (3 AA, not included)
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC, no driver required
- Controls: (8) backlit pads, velocity-sensitive; 2 pad banks; full-level button
(8) 270° knobs
- Note Repeat: Time Divisions | 1/4-note, 1/4-note triplet, 1/8-note, 1/8-note triplet, 1/16-note, 1/16-note triplet, 1/32-note, or 1/32-note triplet
Modes | Latching (toggle) or momentary functionality
Swing | 50%, 56%, 58%, 60%, 62%
Tempo | 30-240 BPM via Tap Tempo button (internal sync). Based on software tempo (external sync)
- Programs: 4 stored programs, configurable via free downloadable editor software
- Bluetooth: Profile | 4.0 Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Range* | Over 100 feet / 30.5 meters
- Connections: (1) USB port
- Power: Via USB or (3) AA batteries
- Dimensions: (width x depth x height) 12.4" x 4.3" x 1.3" 315 x 110 x 34 mm
- Weight: 1.0 lbs. 0.45 kg
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.