Ortofon Serato S-120 OM Cartridge fitted on Headshell
The Ortofon Serato S-120 OM Cartridge is a flagship cartridge designed in cooperation with Serato for an optimised output for use with Digital Vinyl Systems.
The Ortofon-Serato S-120 represents a completely new way of constructing and designing cartridges. Its breakthrough patent-pending technology has been designed to provide maximum freedom for DJ performance by expanding the tracking ability to 120μm! This is achieved through an innovative technology, called asymmetric suspension, taking the cartridge performance to the next level.
What this all means is that even under heavy and light tracking forces, the S-120 holds the record groove better than any other cartridge. This essentially makes the S-120 ideal for Scratch DJs and Mix DJs in professional environments. When set at the recommended tracking force, the cartridge also applies significantly less force to a small area of the record wall, preserving your records for longer than ever before.In this way the cartridge is also great for archivists and for use on dub-plates.
But through all this, the cartridge's sound performance is also superior to many other options on the market.
Finally, the boosted output level and clean signal flow through the cartridge makes the S-120 ideal for DVS users.
Due to the difference in technology, compared with the rest of the Ortofon range, the S-120 stylus has a slightly different fitting, making it incompatible with other Ortofon cartridge bodies.
- Ideal for Scratch and Mix DJs
- Flagship cartridge designed in cooperation with Serato
- Minimal vinyl-wear and phenomenal record hold
- Output optimised for use with Digital Vinyl Systems
- Output Voltage (@ 1kHz, 5cm/sec.): 10mV
- Channel Balance (@ 1kHz): 1.5dB
- Channel Separation (@ 1kHz): 20dB
- Channel Separation (@ 15kHz): 15dB
- Frequency Range (@ -3dB): 20 - 18,000Hz
- Frequency Response: 20 - 18,000Hz (+3 / -2dB)
- Tracking Ability (@ 315Hz)*: 120μm
- Compliance (Dynamic Lateral): 11μm / mN
- Stylus Type: Spherical
- Stylus Tip Radius (R): 18μm
- Tracking Force Range: 1.5 - 10.0g (15 - 100mN)
- Recommended Tracking Force: 4.0g (40mN)
- Internal Impedance (DC Resistance): 1,680Ω
- Internal Inductance: 920mH
- Recommended Load Resistance: 47kΩ
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 200 - 600pF
- Cartridge Weight: 18.5g
- Replacement Stylus Unit: S-120**
* At recommended tracking force
** S-120 stylus fitting is different to all other Ortofon styli and cartridges.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Be the first the write a review.